Last updated: 2 February 2018
- Information about us
- We are The National Online Self Exclusion Scheme Limited, a company incorporated in England and Wales with company registration number 10504973 and registered office
at 31 Southampton Row, London WC1B 5HJ (GAMSTOP, we or us).
(Portal) and all content and other materials on the Portal (Portal Content). The Portal is not for use by
consumers. You are entering into these Terms on behalf of the company or business that employs or engages you and
all references to you in these Terms will be to the company or business that you are employed by or which engages
your personal services. Please therefore ensure that you have the authority of the company or business that employs
you, or which engages your personal services, to use the Portal and to bind it to these Terms. If you do not have
such authority you may be personally liable to GAMSTOP for your use of the Portal and Portal Content.
- By using the Portal, or by ticking to agree the Terms on the log-in page, you will be deemed to have understood and accepted these Terms, which form a binding agreement between you and us.
- As these Terms form a binding agreement between you and us, we recommend that you print a copy of the Terms for your future records.
- These Terms may be supplemented, amended or replaced by additional written agreement(s) between you and GAMSTOP from time to time which relate to a solution GAMSTOP is developing to assist operators licensed by the Gambling Commission
of Great Britain (Operators) to identify individuals who have elected to self-exclude from Operators' facilities
for gambling (Solution). If that is the case these Terms will continue to apply to you except to the extent they
conflict with or are replaced by the terms of any such written agreement.
- Changes to these Terms
- Gamstop may make changes to these Terms from time to time and these changes will become effective as soon as they are posted on the Portal. You should check this page from time to time to take note of any changes we have made to these Terms. By continuing
to use the Portal after any changes you will be deemed to have accepted the changes.
- Access to the Portal
- You will be required to enter an email address in order to access the Portal. The first time you log-in we will send a link to access the Portal to the email address you have submitted to us and after that you will be able to log into the Portal
by entering your email address into the Portal log-in page. You are responsible for all activities of personnel logging
into the Portal with a valid company email address.
- You agree to notify us immediately if you become aware of or suspect any unauthorised use of a company email address to access the Portal or any other security breach relating to the Portal or Portal Content.
- This Portal is for use by Operators and professional advisors to Operators and GAMSTOP may seek further details from you to verify your status as an Operator or a professional advisor to an Operator before allowing you (and your personnel) to
access the Portal. The decision to grant access to the Portal is in GAMPSTOP's discretion.
- You warrant that any information you provide to us will be true and accurate and that you will not misrepresent your status as an Operator or a professional advisor to an Operator.
- Portal Content
- The Portal Content is intended to provide Operators and professional advisors with further information about GAMSTOP's current plans for, and an indicative timeline for, the Solution.
- You acknowledge that the Solution is currently in development stage and that the Portal Content is not definitive or in final form and is subject to change at any time. Until we confirm the precise details of the Solution, you should not proceed on
the basis that you can rely on any of the information provided in the Portal Content. GAMSTOP therefore gives no guarantees
or warranties in respect of the Portal Content.
- You acknowledge and agree that the Portal Content is not intended to amount to advice, recommendation or guidance concerning (i) your compliance with self-exclusion requirements under your operating licence or any codes of conduct or
other guidelines issued by the Gambling Commission from time to time; or (ii) steps you should implement in order to prepare
your systems for the Solution.
- Any decisions made, or expenses incurred, by you in order to prepare your systems for the Solution on the basis of Portal Content are entirely at your own risk.
- Intellectual Property
- You acknowledge that the Portal, the Solution and all Portal Content including but not limited to text, graphics, photos, logos, button icons, images, trade marks, audio and audio visual clips, databases, data and software are owned and controlled by or
licensed to us. You may not copy, adapt, display, communicate to the public or otherwise use the Portal or Portal Content except
as permitted under these Terms or otherwise expressly permitted by GAMSTOP in writing.
- You are entitled to use the Portal and Portal Content for your own internal, non-commercial purposes only. You may print off one copy, and may download extracts, of any page(s) from the Portal which you are authorised to access, provided that such print-outs and
downloads are for your internal, non-commercial use only.
- If you (or any of your personnel) provide GAMSTOP (via GAMSTOP's email address set out in paragraph 12 (Contact Us) below, or by any other method) with any feedback or suggestions in respect of the Portal, Portal Content or Solution (Feedback), GAMSTOP
may use that feedback without any obligation whatsoever to you and you assign to GAMSTOP with full title guarantee (and by way of
present assignment of present and future copyright) all copyright and any other intellectual property rights in and to the Feedback
and you irrevocably and unconditionally waive (and will ensure that any personnel who provide the Feedback irrevocably and
unconditionally waive) all moral rights in the Feedback that you may have under the Copyright Designs and Patents Act 1988
or under equivalent legislation now and in the future in force in any part of the World.
- Use of the Portal
- You are responsible for making all technical arrangements necessary to access the Portal. You are also responsible for ensuring that all persons who access the Platform through your internet connection, using a company email address or otherwise on your behalf
are aware of these Terms and that they comply with them.
- You undertake that you shall not (and you shall ensure that your personnel shall not) use the Portal and Portal Content:
- in any way that breaches any applicable local, national or international law or regulation;
- in any way that is unlawful or fraudulent, or has any unlawful or fraudulent purpose or effect;
- to send, or procure the sending of, any unsolicited or unauthorised advertising or promotional material or any other form of similar solicitation (spam); or
- to knowingly transmit any data, send or upload any material that contains viruses, Trojan horses, worms, time-bombs, keystroke loggers, spyware, adware or any other harmful programs or similar computer code designed to adversely affect the
operation of the Portal or any computer software or hardware.
- You also undertake not to (and you shall ensure your personnel do not):
- reproduce, duplicate, copy, modify or re-sell any part of the Portal or Portal Content in contravention of these Terms;
- use the Portal Content to attempt to create a service which is the same or substantially similar to the Solution; or
- access without authority, interfere with, damage or disrupt (i) any part of the Portal; (ii) any equipment or network on which the Portal is stored; (iii) any software used in the provision of the Portal; or (iv) any equipment or network
or software owned or used by any third party.
- Your use of the Portal and Portal Content is conditional on you complying with these Terms. Without prejudice to any other rights or remedies you may have GAMSTOP may in its sole discretion, terminate or suspend your (or your personnel's)
access to or use of the Portal and/or Portal Content (or any part thereof) without notice if you (or they) are in breach of
these Terms or if GAMSTOP believes in its absolute discretion that you (or your personnel's) use of the Portal and/or the Portal
Content is unsuitable in any way.
- You agree to indemnify GAMSTOP from and against any and all proceedings, claims, costs (including reasonable legal costs) demands, liabilities, losses or damages incurred or suffered as a result of any breach by you (or your personnel) of
any of its undertakings in paragraph 7.2 and 7.3 above.
- Links from the Portal
- Where the Portal contains links to other sites and resources provided by third parties we have no control over the contents of those sites or resources, we make no representations or warranties as to the legitimacy, accuracy or quality of such third
party services, and accept no responsibility for their content, safety, practices or privacy policies or for any loss or
damage that may arise from your use of them.
- Computer Viruses
- We will use reasonable endeavours to ensure that no part of the Portal or Portal Content will contain or spread any viruses or other malicious code. However, GAMSTOP recommends that you ensure that your computer and any other devices used to access
the Portal or Portal content run up-to-date anti-virus software as a precaution, and you are advised to virus-check any
materials downloaded from the Portal, regularly check for the presence of viruses and other malicious code and to regularly
back up your data.
- To the full extent permitted by law GAMSTOP excludes liability for damage or loss of any kind caused by a virus or other technologically harmful material that may infect your computer equipment, computer programs, data or other proprietary
material due to your use of the Portal or from any website linked to it or your downloading of any Portal Content.
- Nothing in these Terms excludes or limits our liability for death or personal injury arising from our negligence, or our fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation, or any other liability that cannot be excluded or limited by English law.
- You acknowledge and agree that your use of the Portal and the Portal Content is at your own risk.
- Due to the fact that the Portal and the Portal Content are provided to you free of charge, you acknowledge and agree that it would not be equitable for you to be able to claim any losses, costs, damages, expenses or other sums from GAMSTOP
as a result of any liabilities of any kind suffered by you arising, directly or indirectly, from your access to and
use of the Portal and the Portal Content and that GAMSTOP's liability for any of the same should be and is excluded.
In particular, GAMSTOP shall have no liability to you for loss of profits, loss of anticipated savings, loss of or
damage to goodwill, loss of use or corruption of software, data or information, or any indirect or consequential loss.
- Except as expressly set out in these Terms, GAMSTOP makes no representations, warranties or guarantees of any kind in respect of the Portal, the Solution or the Portal Content and all conditions, warranties and representations express or
implied are hereby excluded to the full extent permitted by law.
- Availability of the Portal/ Termination
- GAMSTOP makes no representations, warranties or guarantees of any kind regarding the availability or operation of the Portal or Portal Content or that the Portal or the Portal Content will be secure, uninterrupted or free of defects.
- Your access to the Portal and/or Portal Content may be suspended or restricted occasionally to allow for maintenance, repairs, upgrades, or the introduction of new facilities or services. GAMSTOP will use reasonable endeavours to try
to limit the frequency and duration of any planned disruption but we will not be liable to you if for any reason the
Portal or Portal Content is unavailable at any time or for any period.
- GAMSTOP may terminate these Terms or remove or cease providing the Portal and/or the Portal Content (or any part thereof) at any time in our sole discretion. Such termination, removal or cessation will not affect the rights and/or remedies
accrued by either party up to the date of such removal or cessation.
- Upon termination of these Terms your right to use the Portal and Portal Content shall immediately cease and you must immediately delete or, if requested by us, return any copies of the Portal Content you have in your control or possession.
- Contact Us
- If you wish to contact us for any reason, please email us at: [email protected]
- If any provision or part of a provision of these Terms is held to be illegal, invalid, unenforceable or against public policy pursuant to a final adjudication by a court of competent jurisdiction, such provision will be deemed severed from these
Terms and the remainder of these Terms will remain in full force and effect.
- These Terms are governed by English law and the courts of England and Wales will have exclusive jurisdiction over any disputes arising in respect of or in relation to these Terms and your use of the Portal and the Portal Content.